"As a bookseller, I loved this event. It brought together a wide variety of book lovers and authors for one huge party with wine, chocolate, and intelligent lively discussion. Because the Expo targeted such a specific segment of serious and enthusiastic readers, folks attending were invested in the event. Not only did they want to meet authors and attend the panels and discussions, but they purchased a lot of books!"
If you are a business interested in showcasing your products and services to a growing community of book lovers, then book group expo
is the place to be. This forum offers a great opportunity to reach a
very specific community in a direct, friendly and memorable
If you believe your company has something book lovers would enjoy and
if you are interested in learning more about being a vendor or sponsor
at book group expo, let us know!
We are committed to making these two days a very memorable experience
for book lovers, their friends and their families. With that in mind,
we are open to working with you to tailor a sponsorship package bound
to fit the interests we know these avid readers and book group members
What do we know about books and book groups?
- Over 200,000 NEW books were published in 2005.
- Book group members buy a lot of books! A typical buyer purchases
3-4 books a year. A book group member buys anywhere from 14-20 books a
year. (USA Today)
- The "top 10" cities for book sales include: San Jose, Los Angeles,
Chicago, New York, Boston, Seattle and San Diego. (Christian Science
- Women purchase 68% of all books. (ParaPublishing)
- Seven out of 10 books groups sampled associate "good books, good food and good wine."
- Women drive growth in book sales internationally.
- Book groups are a " . . perfect way to connect with more readers." (Crown Publishing Executive, USA Today)
- Those book groups surveyed noted they also spend money on "the arts, entertainment, dining out, cultural events and good drink."
- Nine out of 10 book group members surveyed are certain they know
how to have serious fun! (We are working on that last "hold out" group!)
Booksthe perfect pairing for a GOOD TASTE
Just as book groups are about so much more than just books, so is book group expo. If you have a food or beverage that you would like to have included as one of the limited FEATURED TASTINGS in our marketplace, then contact us about being a part of the A MATTER OF GOOD TASTINGS sponsorship.
Your food or beverage will be served to attendees while your product name (and support of book group expo) is announced in the marketplace. What a great way to get your product to these connoisseur of good flavors. These are the taste-makersintroduce them to your good tasting!
Is there a fit? Ask us about reserving a vendor space or creating a sponsorship package just for your company.
Book groups and reading groups are about community and being a part of something—and so is book group expo. The 2008 experience could not have happened without the support of dozens and dozens of volunteers—both before, and during, the two day event. If you or your organization is interested in volunteering your time and skills to book group expo, let us know. Contact us at email@example.com and include VOLUNTEER in the subject line.